Cairn Box: May 2018 Review
The May Cairn featured the slogan "Choose Your Adventure" and included some useful gear that will likely come in handy in a few situations. That was clearly the goal for this box, so well executed Cairn Team!
- Right out of the box, this towel seems to be super high quality. We received smaller Nano pocket towels from PackTowl and Cairn several boxes ago, and we love them. They come in handy on almost every camping trip as little hand or face towels. This bigger, heftier version will likely go right to work.
- We recently upgraded our multi-day camping trips to include a shower - a portable solar shower - and a shower needs a towel! We have much smaller towels that we used, and they were fine, but this towel will be much more luxurious.
- We frequent the beach, too, so this "beach" sized towel will probably take a few trips there. We are already familiar with this brand and the high quality and great towels, so this much bigger and much thicker towel will surely get a lot of use.
- A few key words in the description of this towel - looped fabric (so it feels like a towel at home), absorbs 5 times its weight in water, dries 30% faster than a normal towel, packs down smaller than a regular beach towel, and it is antimicrobial so it doesn't get stinky! This towel is a whopping 36x59 inches and weighs 16 ounces.
- It included a zipper pouch for storage, which will be nice for keeping the towel clean and compact whenever it gets packed for an adventure.
- These are basically breath mints that come in a convenient little tin to carry. The mints pack a punch though - with 40 milligrams of caffeine and some vitamins!
- They are very flavorful mints, and that little extra kick of caffeine won't hurt when we're trying to perk up too!
- At first glance, these little straps looked like a tiny gear line or gear wrap. Then we flipped it over and it shows a belt and key clip, like a biker chain! We laughed a little, then went back to checking these out. I am already envisoning using these to attach things to a pack for backpacking, or for wrapping up the beach umbrella, or rolling a beach blanket, or attaching things to my bike... so many uses and so many ideas! These will come in handy.
- They are rubber and stretchy, so they stretch longer then compress what they are holding. The clip quality looks good, too!
We have received some useful and fun gear in our Cairn boxes - search our blog and you'll find lots of reviews and info about the cool stuff they send out every month!
We are regular (paid) subscribers, and we love the stuff we get in a surprise box of goodies every month!