Cairn Box: July 2017 Review
We look forward to our box of surprises from Cairn every month. Kim gets an email somewhere around the middle of each month, and then we check our mailbox every day. We've been Cairn subscribers for a couple of years now, and it just keeps getting better. It's obvious that Cairn is growing, from the presentation, to what is included, to the teams behind the boxes. It's good growth, and we're excited to have been along to watch it unfold and to continue! So back to the July box...
The theme: #FunInTheSun - a carefully curated warm weather collection!
SealLine BlockerLite Dry Sack - 10 Liter
- This is a sharp looking, super lightweight, brightly colored, and waterproof dry sack. Honestly, such a handy item! This thing is sure to become a beach trip regular, a kayak must-have, and might just join us for most adventures due to it's light weight. A dry sack, or stuff sack, is something that is always good to have along.
- The first thing I noticed, other than the weight, was the shape. We have the thick styled dry sacks and they are all round at the bottom. This sack is more of a rectangle at the base, which seems like a smart idea for packing. I think it'll double as a packing organizer due to the smart shape.
- More at seallinegear.com
- This thing is nano, indeed. It's a 19" x 19" towel that packs into an included mesh pouch, and becomes super small. It's a great sized towel made of microfiber, so it's sure to be absorbent and quick drying.
- We took it to the beach, and it worked well to dry off after a dip in the ocean. A quick shake knocked the sand off. It's also machine washable, which is nice after a day at the beach!
- The included pouch has a clip, so it is likely going to just be attached and go everywhere that my backpack goes. It's a towel - you don't need it until you need it, but when you do, it's good to have!
- This towel is the right size to double has a bandana, a headband, or more.
- More at packtowl.com
Zealios Sun Barrier 45 SPF Packets
- My fair complexion loves the chance to try out new sunscreens. I'm pale, blond, blue eyed, and burn like crazy without high SPF. I also hate sticky, slimy lotions that just make your skin feel gross. Enter Zealios...
- This sunscreen is zinc based, but not that old stuff that turns you ghost white. This dries clear, feels light, and came in four little single-serve packets for having in a backpack or on the go. It's made for athletes, so it doesn't seem to do that sweating, swimming, running into the eyes thing that most sunscreens do.
- More at teamzealios.com
Buddy's Small Batch Nut Butter
- This is adventure fuel. Small packets of flavored peanut butter are perfect for long hikes when an extra bunch of protein is needed. It's always better when that peanut butter tastes good!
- We got Cinnamon Raisin Peanut Butter and Honey Peanut Butter flavors, and they pack a perfect sweet and salty combo. I love a peanut butter and honey sandwich, so this is premixed and making it easier to eat on a trail! Love it!
- More at buddysnutbutters.com
A box of several small things, but each thing will be useful in our summer (and year-round summer California) adventures. We're certain that the dry sack and the towel will come in handy on many beach adventures!
If you think you’d be interested in joining
this awesome subscription box,
take a look at their site.
We have received some amazing stuff in our Cairn boxes, such as a Cotopaxi backpack, our Luminaids, a hammock, lots of trail food to try out, and some very useful gear - water filter, utensils, bug spray, sunscreen, sunglasses, water bottles, and more!
We don’t receive anything from them for free, we are regular subscribers, and we love the stuff we get in a surprise box of goodies every month!