Cairn Box: January 2018 Review
The theme for the month is... "Full Coverage". They definitely gave us some great products for covering and protecting! Even though we don't have a winter like lots of other places, we still have some cold nights in Southern California and definitely have a lot of sun to protect against! "Like adventure insurance"... our heads and ears will stay warm and dry, our noses will be protected from bright pink burns, and our gear will be protected from the stink that can develop in well-loved gear. Oh, and our stomachs from hunger on the trail...!
- For two months in row now, Cairn has offered us a totally unique product which makes our box just feel that much more special. Last time, it was a custom Luminaid. This time, a custom Coal beanie!
- This beanie works with our UCO headlamp from the October box. The headlamp can be removed from the strap and then attached to this beanie. Perfect for chilly nights when you need your ears and head to stay warm, but need a light to find your way around the campsite. This is a super cool combination of prodcuts that is definitely going to come in handy! We may not have much snow to play in, but it still gets super chilly in the desert at night!
- One more special feature, Cairn upgraded the Coal beanie from acrylic fabric to merino wool... a fabulous upgrade. This beanie is so super soft, and is sure to be super warm! Good job Cairn Crew!
- Andrea is a huge fan of All Good products. We've gotten a couple of various products in previous Cairn boxes, and quickly became big fans. Their products all smell amazing, and they work like a dream. Being a frequent victim of the California sunshine, this SPF stick will likely be gone by the end of summer. And my nose and cheeks will owe Cairn a thank you!
- This product is actually unscented, which is probably good for smearing it on noses and cheeks. It contains zinc oxide, so it will be an effective burn preventer! Another fantastic product from a company we've come to love!
- This is a unique product, but one we think might come in handy. This spray features delightful smelling essential oils that fight the stink in things you can't throw in the laundry. We're thinking bike helmets, some shoes, even backpacks that have gotten a bit too sweaty. The active enzymatic action keeps fighting the stink after usage, too!
- One cool thing... this spray bottle sprays upside down. This needs to become a standard and common feature of spray bottles.
- Our bar is the Apple Cinnamon Raisin flavor. Marketed as a whole food bar, with no preservatives, refined sugars or GMO's, and gluten, soy and dairy free. This is health food made for adventure.
- Andrea isn't a big fan of apple cinnamon flavored treats, so this one was claimed by Kim, right away. An enjoyable snack, seems to be an energy packed bar and great for outdoor adventures!
As always, we love this Cairn box... what seems really special lately is how Cairn is getting some unique items for the boxes - like a special Luminaid and Coal beanie. Also, how they are tying in some great themes, and even connecting the months together. It's been a great process of watching Cairn grow and develop and they are still doing so... and are definitely headed in a good direction.
Take a look at their site and sign up!
We have received some amazing stuff in our Cairn boxes - search our blog and you'll find lots of reviews and info about the cool stuff they send out every month!
We don’t receive our boxes from them for free, we are regular subscribers, and we love the stuff we get in a surprise box of goodies every month!