Cairn Box: April 2018 Review
We got our latest Cairn box - or "bag" this time - on the three year anniversary of our subscription to this cool subscription box. We've had a great time receiving the goodies every month, learning about new companies, and getting to try out fresh gear every month!
This month had an "Under Starry Skies" theme, and came with items that would likely come in handy at a camp site after a long day of hiking. We'll jump right in to what gear we got this month, but first, we must point out the packaging. Cairn went with a bag this month, instead of the little cardboard box. It was printed with stars and constellations and the bag is easy to recycle, too! Anyway, here we go:
- This pillow is a great size and came with a stuff sack so it can get pretty small. The packaging indicates that you can take the synthetic pillow out and lighten your load by just taking along the down pillow top. Stuff it with a shirt or puffy, and poof, a pillow!
- The pillow is that waterproof "slippery" fabric, so we're wondering if this pillow will stay put under your head. It feels like a good quality and a good size for travel or backpacking!
- Unfortunately, we can't use this item at all. Andrea has a down allergy, so this down filled pillow case can't join our gear stash. But we'll likely pass this item along to someone who can use it.
- This is a product that we have heard of, but never gotten around to trying. Andrea is prone to allergic reactions, which tend to be itchy. Kim is allergic to poison oak, though hopefully she never comes into contact with it again. That said, this item will be useful and come in handy, for sure.
- Right out of the box, this product got put to use. Andrea has a sunburn that is trying to heal and is in the painfully itchy stage. This gel smells great, and instantly cooled down the red burned area, and soothed the itchiness almost instantly. We love this stuff already!
- This item made us smile. We just recently became Ambassadors for Skratch Labs, and upon joining their crew, decided to basically buy one of everything to try out. These bars are a newer item from Skratch and we're still waiting on the package from them. This will be a great oppurtunity to give these new bars a try right away.
- This company pushes energy and hydration goods, but made with real foods. We love their hydration drinks and energy chews. This bar is plant-based, non-GMO, vegan, dairy free, kosher and gluten free and low in sugar and sodium. Easy to absorb, digest and enjoy!
- Being a tad on the nerdy side, these little "waterproof" notebooks have always intrigued me. Apparently you can write on them in the rain, and the pencil marks won't spread. It even implies that ink won't spread. Some kind of magic paper, right?
- We love little notebooks, so this will definitely land in a backpack and go on many advenutres!
We have received some useful and fun gear in our Cairn boxes - search our blog and you'll find lots of reviews and info about the cool stuff they send out every month!
We are regular (paying) subscribers, and we love the stuff we get in a surprise box of goodies every month!