Nemo Cosmo Insulated Sleeping Pad
We purchased these sleeping pads after learning that "insulation" in a pad is an actual thing one might want to have. We had fairly basic pads before these and decided we needed an upgrade. Something with more depth between body and ground, and something with a bit more insulation to keep the winter desert ground a little more separated from our bodies.
After her typical in-depth research, Kim found these Nemo Cosmo Insulated pads and thought we should give them a try. We ordered them from Nemo directly and got them just in time for a camping trip. This trip, with a cold night in the desert, provided a great opportunity to test out the warmth, comfort and overall goodness of the pads. They passed our test with muster!
Reasons we love these pads:
- The Cosmo Insulated (there is a non-insulated version) provides a cozy 4 inches of air and insulation to keep your shoulder and hip off the ground.
- The baffle style keeps things steady if you roll around during the night.
- The pad inflates via a foot pump, which is surprisingly fast and easy to use.
- The material is quiet and doesn't crinkle a ton with movement. This was honestly my highest point of judgement for a pad - the ones we had previously woke up this light sleeper in our tent way too often. These pads do not do that! They make noise, but comparatively, it is minimal and Kim's rolling around no longer disturbs me.
- The pad is raised a bit at the pillow end, which can serve as a pillow or as a space to rest your camping pillow.
We opted for the 25L size for a bit more sleeping space, since these things pack down relatively small in any size. Going from 20R to 25L, we gained an inch of depth, 5 degrees of insulation, 4 inches of length and 5 inches of width. This also cost us, with the pad being 4 ounces heavier and roughly an inch larger while packed down. Worth it to us - a slight increase in packed size and weight for a good deal of increased comfort.
Here are the technical specs as indicated from Nemo:
- Minimum Weight: 2 lbs 2 oz / 965 g
- Minimum Temp. Zone: 10 to 20F / -12 to -6C
- Shape: Rectangular
- Width: 25 in / 64 cm
- Length: 76 in / 193 cm
- Thickness: 4 in / 10 cm
- Insulation Type: PrimaLoft
- Packed Size: 9 x 6.5 in dia / 23 x 17 cm dia
- Fabric: 75D PU Polyester Ripstop
We've had many good nights of sleep on these pads and would highly recommend them to anyone shopping for an insulated pad. Compared to the other pads we tried before, these win the prize.
It's also worth nothing that the company stands behind their product. Nemo offers great customer service after the purchase. A few weeks into owning these pads, one of them started losing air at night. I would wake up with my body on the ground, confused about why I was sinking through the pad. Eventually, we tested it at home and realized it had a leak. We couldn't find where the air was very slowly leaking out. I contacted customer service, hoping what I'd heard of this company to be true. They quickly responded, gave me a service RMA number and I shipped it out. Within 2 weeks, I had a brand new pad. They verified the leak, also couldn't find it to repair it, and opted to just give me a replacement. They were communicative through the whole process and got a pad back to me in time for another trip.
If you're looking for a soft place to sleep while camping, we recommend this sleeping pad!
Note: Some of the links in this post are affiliate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, we will earn a small commission if you choose to make a purchase. We will only ever share honest, unbiased reviews. We are grateful for your support of our site in this way. Thank you.